> Calcutta University
> University of Calcutta PhD in Philosophy Admission 2018
University of Calcutta PhD in Philosophy Admission 2018
University of Calcutta Admission to PhD Degree in Philosophy 2018
University of Calcutta PhD Philosophy Admission 2018 – Applications are invited by University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program offered in Philosophy at the Department of Philosophy for the session 2018
Also See : Admission Notification
- Last date for submission of application forms to the Department on 18th July 2018
- Lists of candidates eligible to appear for the direct interview & written test will be put up on, 02nd August 2018
- Written Examination on 14th August 2018, (11.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.)
- List of candidates who have qualified in the written test and are eligible for the interview will be put up on 27th August 2018
- Interview will be held on 06th September 2018 and 07th September 2018 (if required) from 12 noon onwards
- The final list of selected candidates for Ph.D. admission (provisional) will be put up latest by 30th October 2018
- Coursework will commence from 30th November 2018
No. of Seats
- 04 [Reservation in admission shall strictly abide by the West Bengal State Higher Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Rules, 2013.]
- A consistently good academic record with Master’s Degree in relevant subject with at least 55% marks
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time or for those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 Sept.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedure
- The final selection for joining this program will be made on the basis of the interview
- The allocation of supervisors will be on the basis of this interview
- Those candidates who have already passed UGC / CSIR (JRF) Exams/NET/SET/SLET /MPhil (Philosophy)/ Teacher Fellowship or equivalent exams need not appear at the written exam and can directly apply to appear at the interview.
- The eligible candidates will have to appear for a written exam of two hours duration to be held in this Department
Entrance Test (50 marks) will comprise the following:
- Questions on any topic (30 marks) (from a wide choice of topics in the following areas: Epistemology, Metaphysics, Analytic Philosophy, Philosophy of Wittgenstein, Ethics, Philosophy of Mind, Social & Political Philosophy, Philosophy of Kant, Aristotle (Metaphysics , Ethics & Politics), Phenomenology & Existentialism, Philosophy of Language (Indian and Western), Classical and Contemporary Western Philosophy, Classical and Contemporary Indian Philosophy, Philosophy of Religion, Nyᾱya-Vaisesika, Vedanta, Comparative Religion, Logic).
- Comprehension (20 marks).
- Interview (50 marks)
- [Specified areas of Research Work: Logic (Western), Philosophy of Language (Western), Philosophy of Mind, Social and Political Philosophy]
- Applications are invited for admission to PhD Program in Philosophy, Dept. of Philosophy, University of Calcutta, 1, Reformatory Street, Kolkata-27
- Candidates should apply in the prescribed proforma www.caluniv.ac.in by paying Rs.100/- through a challan obtainable from College Street Campus (Cash Counter)
- For more details, please visit website www.caluniv.ac.in
University of Calcutta
PhD Program in Philosophy, Dept. of Philosophy, University of Calcutta, 1, Reformatory Street, Kolkata-27, Website www.caluniv.ac.in