> THSTI JNU PhD Admissions 2018 – Notification, Dates, Eligibility
THSTI JNU PhD Admissions 2018 – Notification, Dates, Eligibility
THSTI-JNU PhD Program in Biomedical and Clinical Research 2018-19
THSTI-JNU PhD Admission 2018 – Translational Health Science and Technology Institute Gurgaon announces admission to PhD Programs under two tracks (i) Biomedical Research and (ii) Clinical Research year 2018-19
- Applications are invited for admission into above mentioned program for candidates with Medical, Life Sciences (including Biomedical, Health, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional Science, Public Health, and Nursing), Veterinary Science, Engineering, or Mathematics background
- Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is part of the inter-disciplinary Biotech Science Cluster at Faridabad in the National Capital Region. The interim facilities of the Institute are located at Gurgaon, which will soon be moving to Faridabad
- THSTI is a recognized R&D institute of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi to offer doctoral programs in biomedical science tracks
- Applications are invited for the THSTI-JNU PhD Programs under biomedical research
- The broad domains of ongoing research at THSTI are:
- Vaccines and Infectious Diseases
- Translational Research in Maternal and Child Health
- Drug Discovery and Mathematical Modeling to understand Disease Biology
- Human Microbial Ecology
- Diagnostics, Devices and Biodesign
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 10th May 2018
- Call for THSTI Fellowship Eligibility Test/Interview: 11th June 2018 at 09.30 am
- Admission Test will be Interviewed on 11th and 12th June 2018
- Published on the THSTI website by 09.00 PM on 12th June 2018
- PhD Course work for 2 semesters starting on 02nd July 2018
No. of Seats
- A total of up to 15 candidates may be selected this year, if found suitable. The number of selected candidates may be lower if sufficient candidates do not secure the minimum credentials required for admission.
- 27% seats for OBC (non-creamy layer), 15% of seats for SC, 7.5% of seats for ST, and 3% of seats for differently-abled (with minimum of 40% disability) are reserved for candidates belonging to these categories
- SC/ST/OBC candidates are required to submit certificate in respect of their claims from the authorized officers as notified by the Govt. or the purpose from time to time. The PWD (with minimum 40% disability) candidates are required to submit a certificate from authorized Medical Doctors/Hospitals indicating the extent of physical disability
- Candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST/PWD (with minimum 40% disability) category who are selected on their own merit with General Category candidates shall not be counted under reserved quota
- The candidate must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Candidate must have qualified in the junior research fellowship examination of CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT (category I only) or BINC (for bioinformatics & computer science) which provides fellowship for the entire duration (5 years) of their PhD program
- Should have a Master’s degree in any branch of biomedical/life sciences (including veterinary science, public health), bioinformatics or computer science from a recognized university with at least 55% marks or its equivalent (e.g.: grade B in the UGC 7-point scale) or a B Tech in Biotechnology.
- Professional degrees:
- BE/B Tech (Computer Science) with a valid GATE qualifying score.
- Candidates appearing in the finals of their qualifying examination may also apply. However, they will be required to fulfil the above academic/ fellowship requirements at the time of the interview
- A relaxation in marks/grade during Master’s Degree for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (no-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and any other categories will be applicable as per the UGC notification, 05th May 2016 or subsequent notification in effect of at the time of interview
- All shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an admission test at THSTI on the 11th of June at 9:30 am
- Applicants who clear the admission test will be interviewed on 11th and 12th June 2018. Final selection will be made based on the applicant’s performance in the interview and the list of selected candidates will be published on the THSTI website by 09.00 PM on 12th June 2018
- Selected candidates should interact with potential PhD supervisors and provide their choice of supervisors for lab rotations by 4 PM on 15th June 2018
- Students recommended for admission to the PhD program and holding fellowship from any of the above agencies will be required to utilize their own fellowship
- Candidates with professional degrees (Group B) selected through the admission process will be awarded THSTI fellowships equivalent to the CSIR-UGC Fellowship amount
- Candidates fulfilling the above requirements must apply online http://thsti.res.in/phd_programme.php
- Please take a print out of the application, sign it and send it to the Officer (Academics) of the institute at the above address along with the application fee and self-attested copies of documents in support of eligibility so as to reach by 10th May 2018 5:00 pm
- Applications received after the closing date will not be entertained on any ground including postal delay. Incomplete applications in any respect will be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Non-refundable application fee of Rs.500/- for General and OBC candidates, and Rs.250/- for SC/ST/Differently-Abled candidates should be paid by bank draft in favor of Translational Health Science and Technology Institute payable at Faridabad
- Please visit the THSTI website (thsti.res.in) for details of ongoing research programs and the PhD course work. The PhD program at THSTI is governed by JNU rules. For further details please visit www.jnu.ac.in
THSTI JNU Gurgaon
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute, (An autonomous institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India), 496, Udyog Vihar, Phase-III, Gurgaon-122016 (Haryana), Website www.thsti.res.in
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
Click here or more admission news.
Also See : PHD Admissions
For more details, follow SuccessCDs ( Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter ) or you can write to us at email@example.com