Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) PhD Admission 2018
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Katra Admission Notice for Ph.D. Program 2018
SMVDU Katra PhD Admission 2018 – Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) Kakryal, Katra invites applications for eligible candidates for admission to PhD Program for the academic session 2018-19
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: 06th July 2018
- Admission Procedure & Date of Conduct of Entrance Exam: 15 July 2018 Written Test followed by Interview of shortlisted candidates
- Announcement of Results/Merit List (on Website):20th July 2018
*Admission offer Notification will contain particulars about fee and the last date.
Also See : Admission Notification
PhD Program Discipline
The eligible candidates for admission to PhD Program for the academic session 2017-18 (Dec.2017- May 2018) in the following disciplines:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Energy Management
- Biotechnology (Also in Chemistry, in the same dept.)
Candidates should be 60% marks or equivalent CGPA in Master’s degree in relevant discipline or in inter-disciplinary/trans-disciplinary disciplines
The eligible candidates short-listed for the admission process to Ph.D. program in each School will undergo the following selection procedure for admission:
- The short-listing of applications for the purpose of admission test/interview shall be done by the concerned School Research Committee (SRC).
- Ph.D. students shall be admitted through an Entrance Test conducted by the SRC of the School. Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/teacher-fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. programme will be exempted from appearing for the written test.
- An Entrance Test (Written Test) shall be qualifying in nature with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. The candidates who qualify the Written Test will be required to appear for an interview/viva-voce to be conducted by SRC where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a SRC. The interview/viva voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the University/Faculty/School/School;
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
- SRC may choose criteria, higher than eligibility criteria, for short-listing of applicants for the selection procedure.
- University reserves the right to increase or not fill all/any seats as displayed in the brochure.
PhD Assistantships to GATE/NET qualified candidates are available as per applicable rules. Further, Assistantship is also available for non-GATE/NET candidates in Engineering discipline under TEQIP-III project*
- Application Forms can be submitted only through Online mode on the University Website www.smvdu.ac.in
- The application fee of Rs. 1100/- is to be submitted On-line at time of submission of Application Form.
For all updates please visit www.smvdu.ac.in
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Kakryal, Katra-182320, J&K, (A State University recognized under Sections 2(f) and 12(b) of UGC Act 1956), 15C, 2nd Extension, Opposite Bahu Plaza, Gandhi Nagar, Jammu-180004 Telefax: 0191-2470067 Website www.smvdu.ac.in, Email: email@example.com