> Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) PhD Admission 2018
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) PhD Admission 2018
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Katra Admission Notice for Ph.D. Program 2018
SMVDU Katra PhD Admission 2018 – Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) Kakryal, Katra invites applications for eligible candidates for admission to PhD Program for the academic session 2018-19
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: 06th July 2018
- Admission Procedure & Date of Conduct of Entrance Exam: 15 July 2018 Written Test followed by Interview of shortlisted candidates
- Announcement of Results/Merit List (on Website):20th July 2018
*Admission offer Notification will contain particulars about fee and the last date.
Also See : Admission Notification
PhD Program Discipline
The eligible candidates for admission to PhD Program for the academic session 2017-18 (Dec.2017- May 2018) in the following disciplines:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Energy Management
- Biotechnology (Also in Chemistry, in the same dept.)
Candidates should be 60% marks or equivalent CGPA in Master’s degree in relevant discipline or in inter-disciplinary/trans-disciplinary disciplines
The eligible candidates short-listed for the admission process to Ph.D. program in each School will undergo the following selection procedure for admission:
- The short-listing of applications for the purpose of admission test/interview shall be done by the concerned School Research Committee (SRC).
- Ph.D. students shall be admitted through an Entrance Test conducted by the SRC of the School. Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/teacher-fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. programme will be exempted from appearing for the written test.
- An Entrance Test (Written Test) shall be qualifying in nature with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. The candidates who qualify the Written Test will be required to appear for an interview/viva-voce to be conducted by SRC where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a SRC. The interview/viva voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the University/Faculty/School/School;
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
- SRC may choose criteria, higher than eligibility criteria, for short-listing of applicants for the selection procedure.
- University reserves the right to increase or not fill all/any seats as displayed in the brochure.
PhD Assistantships to GATE/NET qualified candidates are available as per applicable rules. Further, Assistantship is also available for non-GATE/NET candidates in Engineering discipline under TEQIP-III project*
- Application Forms can be submitted only through Online mode on the University Website www.smvdu.ac.in
- The application fee of Rs. 1100/- is to be submitted On-line at time of submission of Application Form.
For all updates please visit www.smvdu.ac.in
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Kakryal, Katra-182320, J&K, (A State University recognized under Sections 2(f) and 12(b) of UGC Act 1956), 15C, 2nd Extension, Opposite Bahu Plaza, Gandhi Nagar, Jammu-180004 Telefax: 0191-2470067 Website www.smvdu.ac.in, Email: email@example.com