Rajiv Gandhi University Doimukh M.Phil, PhD Admission 2018
RGUMPET 2018 / Rajiv Gandhi University M.Phil Phd Entrance Test 2018
Rajiv Gandhi University Doimukh M.Phil, PhD Admission 2018 – Rajiv Gandhi University, Arunachal Pradesh notify M.Phil and Ph.d Entrance Test (RGUMPET) – 2018 for admission to Vacant Seats in M.Phil and Phd Program in the current Academic Session 2018-19 RGUMPET 2018
- Issue of Application Form from: 11th May 2018
- Last date of submission of application forms: 25 May 2018
- Scrutiny of Application Forms by the concerned Department: 25th to 28th May 2018
- Notification of eligible test: 29th May 2018
- Date of Entrance Test (For AITS only): 11th June 2018
- Date of Common Entrance Test (for both M.Phil & Ph.D): 12th June 2018
Coursed offered in Department/Institutes with no. of Vacancy
- AITS – M.Phil (15) Phd (04)
- Anthropology – M.Phil (05) Phd (03)
- Botany – M.Phil (05) Phd (10)
- Chemistry – Phd (05)
- Commerce – M.Phil (10) Phd (07)
- CSE – M.Phil (15) Phd (04)
- Economics – M.Phil (05) Phd (04)
- Educations – Phd (13)
- Social Work – Phd (03)
- Hindi – M.Phil (15) Phd (04)
- English – Phd (02)
- History – M.Phil (08) Phd (05)
- Mathematics – M.Phil (05) Phd (05)
- Mass communication – M.Phil (05) Phd (02)
- Political Science – M.Phil (07) Phd (05)
- Physics – Phd (08)
- Sociology – M.Phil (05)
- Zoology – M.Phil (05) Phd (05)
- Management – Phd (03)
- Computer Science and Engineering – Phd (03)
- Geography – Phil (10) Phd (08)
- The Scholars having 55% marks in Master Degree in the concerned subject are eligible to appear for the screening / entrance test (5% relaxation for SC and ST).
- 50% of the seats of the Ph.D program shall be reserved for Open category, 25% for CSIR-UGC JRF holder and 25% for M.Phil degree holders. Reservation for M.Phil candidates in Ph.D shall be considered from the concerned subjects only.
- In case of no reservation of seat due to less than 4 seats than merit for M.Phil/JRF/Teachers shall be based on over all percentage of marks obtained in respective degree exam (M.Phil/JRF/Postgraduate) converted to index percentage respectively with the open category candidates.
- There shall be common test for screening of candidates for M.Phil and Ph.D programs.
- Candidates seeking admissions to M.Phil/ Ph.D. programs are required to appear in a entrance test held by Rajiv Gandhi University on 12th June 2018.
- Candidates shall appear in CET for M.Phil and Ph.D in the concerned subjects comprising of two papers of 100 marks.
- Paper I – This paper shall be of objective type questions from research methodology and / or paper from P.G level. This Test shall be of 1 and 1/2 hours duration having 50 questions carrying 2 marks each.
- Paper II – This paper shall be description type covering major areas of study at PG level including research methodology. The questions set shall be of the following type in the concerned subject:
- 5 Very short answer type of 2 marks each
- 5 Short answer type carrying 6 marks each
- 4 Questions carrying 10 marks each
- 1 Long answer type carrying 20 marks
- This Paper shall be of 3 hours duration.
- For Ph.D in Hindi or in any other language, the scholars have to appear in the concerned language test instead of English Paper.
- For qualifying the test, a scholar has to secure a minimum of 50% marks separately in both the papers.
Exemption from Entrance Test
- All the UGC-CSIR JRF holders, M.Phil degree holders and regular in-servue faulty members teaching for at least 5 years in Govt. colleges affiliated under RGU and at least 3 years in the concerned department of RGU are exempted from written RGUMPE Test but should apply through proper channel in the prescribed format for being screened and called for the Viva-voce tests.
All other issued not covered above shall be governed as per the provisions envisaged in the RUGUMPET Ordinance.
- The application for the Entrance Test can be obtained from the Academic Branch during office working hours on payment of Rs. 200/- only.
- The forms may be downloaded online from the University website rgu.ac.in.
- Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling the application form.
- The duly filled in form may be submitted to the office of the Heads / Directors of concerned Department/Institute.
- All the UGC-CSIR JRF holders, M.Phil degree holders and regular in service faculty members teaching for at least 5 years in Govt. colleges affiliated under RGU and at least 3 years in the concerned department of RGU are exempted from written RGUMPE test but should apply through the prescribed format for being screened and called for the Viva-voce test.
Rajiv Gandhi University, Doimukh
Rajiv Gandhi University Extension centre, Directorate Complex, Opposite EAC office, Naharlagun, Tel: 0360‐ 2245276, Website www.rgu.ac.in