> Christ University Ph.D Admission 2018 Application, dates
Christ University Ph.D Admission 2018 Application, dates
Christ University Bangalore notifies PhD (Fellowship Scheme – June Batch) Admissions 2018
Christ University Ph.D. Admission 2018 – Christ University has released notification for admission to various Ph.D. Courses for the academic year 2018-2019.
Applications are invited for full time PhD Program under CHRIST JRF/SRF Scheme for individuals with high academic records. Candidates admitted to the PhD program are eligible to receive CHRIST Junior Research fellowship for eighteen months followed by Senior Research Fellowship for the next eighteen months provided all program requirements are met.
Also See : Admission Notification
- Announcement and issue of Ph.D. Application Form: 16 Apr 2018
- Last date of issuing Application Form: 31 May 2018
PhD Programs Disciplines
The University is offering Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Courses in the following disciplines:
- Management, Commerce, Tourism, Economics, Education, English, Media Studies, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Law, International Studies, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and communication Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering
- The eligibility criteria will be minimum 55% marks in Post-Graduation and M Phil. The students who have cleared UGC-CSIR NET/JRF examination or SLET/GATE Exams and also the students who have worked as JRF for one year in the externally funded major research projects may be exempted from MPhil requirement. In case of internally funded major research projects (MRP), the students may be exempted from MPhil requirement after two years of research experience
- Under certain conditions like students with high academic performance at post graduate level, can be directly admitted for the PhD Program
Eligibility (For exemption only)
- Post Graduate Degree in the related field of Research with not less than 55% marks
- The candidate must have completed and/or being involved as a Research Associate/ Fellow, in a major research project (sponsored by UGC or any other approved institution) of specified duration of not less than 2 years
- Candidates who are doing such research project must have completed at least one year of such research
- The research project done / being done must be in the faculty area of the PhD Course applied for. Approved Institution for the purpose may be any national or international organization engaged in the field of Research and having recognition as an approved body of research
- **Candidates seeking admission to PhD in Commerce/Management based on membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India / Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India/ Institute of Company Secretaries of India must have not less than 5 years of post-qualification professional / industry experience, as may be acceptable to the University, as equivalent to Research
Eligibility for the Fellowship Program June batch
- CHRIST (Deemed to be University) opens applications for PhD in the month of June to motivate full time devoted research from candidates with exceptional post graduate records and publications.
- Candidates in the fields of Sciences, Engineering, Humanities, Social Sciences, Commerce, Management, Law and Education are eligible to apply to the PhD program.
- Post graduate degree holders with exceptional academic records, NET qualified or with having publications in SCOPUS and WoS are invited to apply to the PhD program
- Successful applicants are eligible to receive CHRIST (Deemed to be University) JRF/ SRF.
- The Fellowship assistance may vary depending on the Research Discipline and will be normally for a period of three years and extendable up to four years.
- It shall be Junior Research Fellowship for the first 18 months and Senior Research Fellowship for the next 18 months and will be at such rates and subject to such terms and conditions as may be spelt out in the CHRIST RF/ SRF Regulation.
- PhD Scholars admitted in this month will undergo doctoral coursework between June and December and defend their final proposals before the month of December of the same year.
- The PhD Scholars will be governed by the regulations pertaining to CHRST JRF/ SRF in all matters.
- The Candidate should not be engaged in any part-time or full time employment of any nature during the entire tenure of Fellowship.
- The candidate must be present full time at the University during the period of the fellowship.
- Candidates who are UGC-NET and/or MPhil qualified will be preferred.
- Candidates who possess JRF from UGC are also invited to apply to the PhD program in this intake.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the written test and interview conducted by the university
- Under certain conditions such as presence of high impact publications students with high academic performance at the postgraduate level, may be admitted directly to a PhD program
- Candidates will be intimated about the selection status (Selected / Wait Listed / Not Selected) through their unique ID login page/application status page on the University website www.christuniversity.in.
- Applications are available in the online format on our website www.christuniversity.in Direct Mode from Office of Admission, Christ University, Central Block, Hosur Road, Bengaluru-560029
- Applications are available in the ‘Online’ format only on our website. Please read the instructions carefully before filling the application form
- The application should be submitted in the prescribed format; those who wish to be exempted from the M.Phil qualification are required to send along the relevant documents of research experience. Please read the instructions carefully before filling the application form
- Admission Registration Fee is Rs.5000/-
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit their official website www.christuniversity.in
Christ University, Bangalore
(Declared as Deemed to be University under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956), Hosur Road, Bangalore-560029, Karnataka Tel: +91-80-40129100, Website www.christuniversity.in