Annamalai University, Chidambaram notifies B.Ed. & M.Ed. Degree Programs 2018-19
Annamalai University, Chidambaram invites applications for admission to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) and Master of Education (M.Ed.) Degree Programs for the session 2018-19
Candidates can check the complete information of B.Ed. / M.Ed. Degree Admission 2018 such as application procedure, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Annamalai University, one of the largest unitary, teaching, and residential Universities in Southern Asia, was established and incorporated in the year 1929 as per the Annamalai University Act 1928 (Tamil Nadu Act 1 of 1929)
Now, the Annamalai University Act, 1928 has been repealed and replaced by the Annamalai University Act 2013. His Excellency the Governor of Tamil Nadu is the Chancellor of the University
Online Registration Application Commences from: July 2018
Last Date for Online Registration Application Form: August 2018
Last Date for Receipt of Filled in Online Application: August 2018
B.Ed. Degree Program
- Optional Subjects Offered – Bachelor Of Education (B.Ed.)
The following optional subjects are offered by the Department of Education – (1) Tamil; (2) English (3) Mathematics (Applied Mathematics); (4) Physical Science (Physics / Applied Physics /Geo-Physics /Bio-Physics/Electronics /Chemistry/Biochemistry/Applied Chemistry) (5) Natural Science (Botany/Biotechnology & Plant Biology/Plant Biotechnology/ Zoology/Environmental Sci./Microbiology) (6) Social Science (History) (07) Economics (08) Commerce
- Duration of the Program: The Program is for a period of 2 year (Non Semester)
- Age Limit: No Age Limit
- Medium of Instruction: English and Tamil
- Candidates should have undergone 10+2+3 (15) or 11+1+3 (15) pattern of study and passed qualifying examinations conducted by the respective State Board or CBSE or any other recognised Board of Education/Exam and UG Degree Exam of the UGC Recognised Universities in any one of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School Education at the Secondary/ Higher Secondary Educational Level
- Engineering & Technology candidates should have undergone 10+2+4 (16) pattern of study and passed qualifying examinations conducted by the recognised Universities.
- Candidates who have passed the UG or PG Degree in Open University System without qualifying in 11 years SSLC Exam and 1 year of Pre-University Course (PUC) Exam (or) 10+2 pattern of School Education Exam shall not be considered for admission
- Candidates who have taken more than one main subject in Part-III / Part-IV under (Double/ Triple major system) of the UG degree should have to choose only one of the main subjects and should have applied for that optional only. In such cases, mark obtained by the candidates in two/ three major subjects shall be taken into account to arrive percentage of marks as stipulated in item
- Candidates who have passed under Four year Dual Degree Program with two major subjects under part-III are not eligible for admission
- Candidates who have qualified in PG Degree (Five Year Integrated Degree Programs) less than 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission in such cases; the marks obtained by the candidates in the PG shall be taken into account for admission to the B.Ed. Degree Program
- Engineering and Technology candidates can apply mathematics or Physical Science.
- Candidates who have done their UG degree in Applied Mathematics can apply for Mathematics
- Candidates who have done their UG degree in Applied Physics, Geophysics, Biophysics and Electronics can apply for Physical Science
- Candidates who have done their UG degree in Biochemistry and Applied Chemistry can apply for Physical Science
- Candidates who have done their UG degree in Biotechnology and Plant Biology & Plant Biotechnology can apply for Natural Science
- General Category – The selection of candidates will be on the basis of the marks secured in the qualifying UG/PG Degree Exam. Candidates will be called for counselling in the order of their rank. Based on the rank and rule of reservations, allotment will be made
M.Ed. Degree Program
- Duration Program – Two academic years (with Four Semester) – Full-time
- Medium of Instruction: English
- 50% in B.Ed./B.A.Ed./B.Sc. Ed. under CBCS (Choice Based Credit System) degree examination of this university or a degree examination in Education of any other University recognised as equivalent thereto
- Reservation and relaxation for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD and other applicable categories shall be as per the rules of the Tamilnadu State Government.
- The seats will be filled according to merit. Merit shall be determined by the performance at the qualifying examination and by a selection test and an Interview to be conducted by the University. Post Graduate students will be given preference. Date of Selection Test and Interview will be intimated late
- Online Application Number is the Registration Number of the Annamalai University B.Ed. / M.Ed. Admissions 2018. Application can also be downloaded from the University Website www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
- The Online application Number should be quoted in all future correspondence.
- The filled in Online application should be downloaded and sent compulsory with the all enclosure either by Speed /Registered post or in person to The Registrar, Annamalai University, Annamalai nagar, Chidambaram, Cuddalore District, Tamil Nadu-608002 and should reach on or before due date
- Acknowledgement will be sent to the registered e-mail on receipt of the filled in online application by post together with a Demand Draft for B.Ed. & M.Ed. Rs.500/- (for SC/SCA/ST) and Rs.1000/- for Others, which is drawn in favour of “The Registrar, Annamalai University”, payable at Chennai
For more details, refer Prospectus/Website www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
(A State University Accredited with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC), (Faculty of Education), Annamalainagar-608002, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, Website www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
Click here or more admission news.
Also See : Admission Notification
For more details, follow SuccessCDs ( Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter )